Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Andrew Bust Hair Update

Hey So been a while, I have been off playing with Maya hair to try and get some sort of realistic hair going on the model. This has been much more difficult than I expected, I have kinda hit a wall with it, now I know why people do characters with long hair. Long hair is quaite easy and you can get some really nice effects. But when you try to model short hair which is pressed against the scalp, its a different story... Stubble is easy because it sticks out from the face, but I can't for the life of me press the hair down against the head and still make it look belivable... Ah well So here are the eyelashes and eyebrows done, with some slight adjustments to the mesh. I think the hair needs to be a bit brighter in colour but also specular.
Think I am going to have a break from this and work on somthing else while I let myself cool down and work out what to do next. Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment