Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 August 2012

Sci-Fi Channel Bumpers

Hey everyone. Got some exciting news today. The first commercial I have worked on as a freelancer has been put on the internet for all to see. Here is a compelation of most of the shots I worked on.


SF Brand Spot from Sheepish Lion on Vimeo.
And here they are one by one.


SF Ident Transparent from Ink Project on Vimeo.
In this shot I was in charge of modelling all of the layers which you see under her skin. This included the muscles, veins, skull and brain. I matched the objects to the track which was provided for me. I also textured all of these elements and then rendered them off so they could go of for compositing.


SF BIRD 3 from Ink Project on Vimeo.
Here I was in charge of the modelling and rigging. I modelled the birds head and feathers, I also did some displacment passes for the texture artist to use. I also rigged the head and set it up to the track which was provided for me.


SF Polygon 2 from Ink Project on Vimeo.
This was one of the more complex shots. First I created a head, using the mans head as refernce. I then rigged this head, including blendshspes for the blink and mouth movements. I attached my rig to the track provided so his head moved and animated at the same time at the footage. I then created the mesh which his head was protruding through. Once this was complete I wrap deformed the plane to the animated head. In the rendering process the head geometry was hidden so all you could see was the smashed mesh on the surface. I really enjoyed this one because it was a challenge to achive what the director wanted.

My work on the smoke shot was very minimal, I basically just created some of the smoke which rolls up his face.

Here are some work in progress renders and screen captures:

No comments:

Post a Comment