Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 May 2014

Thor The Dark World

Hey everyone!

So I got all of my reel footage from Thor The Dark World which I helped work on.
I will put a descriptor below each image to explain what exactly I did in each shot because every movie is a group effort and I have to thank the rest of my amazing team for the final outcome.





In this shot I was in charge of sculpting the plinth including the symbol around the base of the obolisc, I also did a big part in the sculpting of the background tombs.


Here I was in charge of sculpting the interior of the obolisc, this was very high res geometry with a lot of fine details because it was so close to camera.




For these 3 images I did the modelling, textures and shaders for everything, obviously apart from the characters because they were the only real thing in the shot.



For these last 2 images I had to create matte paintings to get the shots to final. The top one of the earth I helped in layering images and painting in clouds, water and land to help sell the image. I had to recreate roughly two thirds of the background in the bottom image. The plate wasn't big enough so I had to extend the plate from all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment