Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Production Character Workflow: Part 01

Hey So I started working on a production character the other day for practice. I was going through my many folders of artwork by some of my favourite artists. I came along a concept artist called Joshua James. He had done some concept sketches of some biped creatures. I really liked the shapes he had used in one of them and so I started sculpting it in ZBrush using dynamesh. Here is the sketch done by Joshua James. (blog link: http://joshuathejames.blogspot.com.au/)
Here are some renders of the finished rough model. This is only the first stage. From here I then take it into Maya to be retopologised and UVed.
Here is what the final retopology flow looks like, and the UV's.
The next step will be to sculpt the high resolution mesh. Then I plan to pollypaint the surface. Then all of the maps including displacment, normal and diffuse maps will be brought into maya and applied to the retopologised mesh. Then I plan to rig the character using 'The Setup Machine' and pose him to then be lit and rendered. I will probably end up sculpting some sort of platform for him to stand on as well in ZBrush. Well keep watching and my next post will be the high res model completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment